Friday, June 13, 2008

Wow, this is hard!

So on Monday, my husband and I journeyed to the Canadian consulate in downtown Detroit supposedly to apply for our visas. After an ordeal getting to the consulate, then waiting in a line, we finally got to the upstairs section of the consulate, where we were told that that we should just wait and apply when we cross the border. At least I know our paperwork is in order, but I still feel as though I wasted the morning running around downtown Detriot, when I could have been asleep.

Over the past couple of days, I went to London to look for housing, and I think I found a house that will be perfect at a good price. It actually has 3 bedrooms (one is super small), and hardwoods throughout. The larger bedroom will actually fit our king sized bed.
So... now the task of figuring out how to do first and last month's rent from a U.S. bank account into Canadian funds so I can not loose the place.

I have just realized how soon it will be August, and how soon it is that I'll be moving, and I'm starting to freak out. But what can I do?



Knit to stay calm. I'm going to go through a bunch of sock yarn. I'm going to start on some socks with this stuff as soon as I get home.

No comments: