Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Jess Runs to Canada

So I have, like my pal Sally, registered for the Detroit Free Press Half Marathon. You start in Detroit, run across the bridge and back under the Detroit river in the tunnel, then finish. (I'm glossing over the agony that is actually 13.1 miles of running. I'm doing this on purpose.)

Training officially started for me this week. There may be a charity tie-in, watch this space.

The only problem thus far is that training (and ramping up to official training) has left me eating like a Hobbit. Seriously, second breakfast has become a way of life. I'll only be mad if I wind up either gaining weight or with hairy feet.

2 comments:

SoundsLikeCanada said...

Wow, congrats on committing to a half marathon! I haven't been brave enough to do that yet, though the splint will set me back anyways. I can't wait to hear how it goes.

Carol & Bob said...

Yeah, Jess! Good luck.